Here are some questions I get asked often, I hope they are helpful to you!
What does an architect do?
Here are some options for the scope of work:
- Create your program (size and space requirements)
- Help you set your budget for construction
- Create a 3D model of your new or existing project
- Design the home or building (Schematic Design)
- Work with the contractor/builder to work out the design, mechanical and electrical systems, draw elevations of the project (Design Development)
- Create the working drawings to get you a permit (Construction Documents)
- Work with the contractor when he builds the project
How much does an architect cost?
It all depends on how much work you want us to do. 🙂 Typically architects charge a percentage of the construction costs, because the amount of work we do is directly proportional to the size of your project. The industry standard says architects charge between 8-15% of the cost of construction.
How long does it take to design a home?
It can take from a few weeks up to two months. It tends to take longer when decisions aren't made, or a client changes their mind.